Thursday, September 20

Of Late Night Escapades

There are times in my life when I find myself so mind numbingly bored, I would just like to kill myself. Due to principles and an itchy trigger finger as regards the honor and comfort of the women in my life, I find myself getting into rather peachy scrambles at times. Due to some unforseen circumstances, fate had it that my previously injured lower back was to make contact with a metal frigging pipe, hoisted by a spineless assailant, referred to as, the bastard, last night. Needless to say, I'm in excruciating pain, and being held in a bed against my will, without any books, a computer, or access to a usable oven.
To provide for my comfort, though I suspect more to keep me resting, a number of my friends, including said lady took off from work and spent the day with me at my friend's place, where I was forced to come back to. Post bed allotments, I found myself sharing the (very short) double bed with my lady friend, who I am glad to say, has finally, fallen asleep. To celebrate, I hoisted myself out of bed and decided to alleviate my lower back pain by resorting to some of my pseudo-ab inducing physio. It being rather late at night and rather silent, I decided to amuse myself by doing my physio off the backrest of a chair, as opposed to on the floor.
As my bedmate happens to sleep like a log floating through a river of treacle, I first visited the kitchen, and whipped together batter for a chocolate cake, which I had wanted, but nobody could come up with a feasible recipe for. After transferring the batter to a cake tin, I approached the flying saucer oven. Now this damn thing I only understood to be an oven after my friend pointed it out to me. As its ergonomics defied use in seven different ways simultaneously, I resorted to the manual, which was written in Italian. Now those that know me are aware that I have a fascination for languages, which led me to pick up words and phrases in a number of them. That meager knowledge has armed me with the confidence to attempt to decipher the manual.
By resting my most lovely sculpted butt on the buttrest of the chair and using my calves to keep a firm hold on the top of the backrest, I did the crunches advised by dear Doctor Marya for my physio, while trying to make head or tail of the manual. Due to a spasm in my left leg, I relaxed my hold on the backrest, while my body made a rough (upside down) 120 degree angle. This led to me losing all balance on the chair and falling off, rather loudly, waking up my bedmate, whose shouts led to a waking up of the other occupants of the aparment, to a general crescendo of even more pain. I was screamed at, much, and fussed over, even more, until I got rather tired of it and got up and actually got the damn flying saucer oven to work.

I'm lying on my stomach right now, with a ziploc of ice cubes on my lower back, finally being handed a god damn laptop with working internet, with rather interesting smells of chocolate cake wafting into the room. Who knows, I may even sleep soon.

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

What type of chocolate cake are we talking about here exactly? And will there be toppings?

I love Lucy said...

Holy Cow...why on earth would that idiot assault you and that too with an iron rod??!!
Man,I suffer from lower back pain too and am undergoing physical therapy....bloody thing hurts like hell.
And you bake when you hurt??!!How odd/cool(take your pick) is that!
And hey,do take care.

Anonymous said...

Get well soon and eat an extra slice for me :)

Anonymous said...

lol.......get well soon .......reading this my hands are itching to make a choco cake ............damn!!! i am one choco lover

Utopia said...

hahahahah! talk bout being adventurous. just restrict yourself to bedside activities now ;). heheh! take care!

Anurag said...

Hit by an iron rod?! Who? Why?

I was in bed due to a lower back injury for a week in 2004, and again for two weeks in November 2006. I could not even walk so I completely understand how you feel, though I did not share your urge to bake a cake.

Get well soon.

Renovatio said...

@everyone
I ought to clarify. Someone grabbed a friend of mine's butt at hash, and she was bothered enough by it to call me, and I had to set said fucker straight, only overlooking calling a few friends of mine and letting them know what I was getting into. I got outnumbered at one point, and Bastard snuck up behind me before the cops got there and got a cheap shot in. I did get him in the face with his pipe, but I was in too much pain to assess the damage. I'm still a prisoner at my friend's place. Blah.

@hrundi
Plain chocolate cake, though I did make some icing out of a bar a lindt 85% dark.

@lucy-lover
Refer to the above. Oh and I got rather bored. My back was screwed anyway, I did mention it on an older post. The cake turned out great :D

@doppelganger
Thanks, will do :)

@bluebutterfly
I love chocolate too, but bitter chocolates mostly. Can't handle anything whiter than Bournville.

@utopia
Can't do that, no matter how much I'm told to, screamed at to, or begged to. Get too bored.

@anurag
The urge was more to eat cake, but these imbeciles just couldn't do it. I've taken over the kitchen now. Muahahaha.
The only annoying bit is that back injuries at a younger age last. I'm waiting to see how this effects me when I get into my 30s and 40s.

I love Lucy said...

Awwww :)
Chivalrous macho-man who just happens to be a great cook....I thought this combination was near extinction!!

wiseling said...

one is appalled at how the modern knight in shining armor is treated! demand dark chocolate from damsel who was formerly in distress, one says!
one does so love dark chocolate. yum yum. i agree with you on that one.. only dark will ever do.. flake now comes in dark! yay-ness. i don't know if you've tried it but you should.. its amazingness is rather hard to match.. one also had some excellent dark at heathrow, but i forget the name...
anyway.. i could probably ramble all day.. (but, lucky you, i won't...)
get well soon and all that jazz..

Anonymous said...

You must always let at least two or three friends know when you're about to get into a fight, so that if god forbid something drastic happens, they'll know where you went and who to contact. Don't make that mistake again. Take care my friend!

jairaj said...

Hash??? In Delhi??? If that's so, why am I not surprised

jairaj said...

Oh then it has to be, why don't you just go to the nice bookstore in the corner (not Om Books) -- Hash, RPM are shitty stuff man!

Anki said...

Look jerry is patronising u
tsk tsk

how do u do that crossing out words thingy
tell
please

Renovatio said...

@lucy-lover
Near extinction perhaps, but I'm working on keeping up representation, even if in smaller numbers :D

@wiseling
Oh I didn't have to demand, she had these flower guys in def col send me a bouquet of dark chocolate bars. I found that bloody adorable.

@yet another
Yes yes, I will, for the fortieth time, to the fortieth person, I promise.

@jerry
Oh I wasn't there man, I hate that place. Only non-restaurant I go to at Priya would be Opus. Or maybe Kylin, though that's a restaurant too. I was at college messing around with colored gel and colored plastic sheets thrown over the camera. Yes, at eleven at night. God I wish I paid attention in kindergarten, I'd know what colors you have to mix to get green and stuff. I kept getting brown and purple.

@anki
It's magic. You know like in Heroes where that kid can talk to computers? Well he's a buddy of mine. I got him to come by and strikeout letters in my blog post.

LostLittleGirl said...

Sometimes it's just better to be lazy..

Anonymous said...

Baby im so worried about u, we got to kno about it from ur friend, please call me so i can come take care of u, im so worried about u :(

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your recent injury... nothing sucks worse than lower back injuries, mine still bothers me, and it's been years... I hope yours goes better than mine, and you get to eat lots of chocolate while you're healing!

Anonymous said...

if you would just stop getting yourself in the middle of all this nonsense and get some sense into your brain, you wouldn't get into half the shit you do. and please you think vanishing off the face of this earth aka going underground is going to solve anything...jesus!..where do i even begin? please pick up the phone and call, im worried out of my mind.
Dee

Anonymous said...

and its not just me, everyone else is worried sick. including jd and of course neets and your sis. please for god's sake, call someone and look after yourself.

Revealed said...

Oi, look after yourself already. Who's gonna make me breakfast at some hypothetical time in the future if you keep going around getting into iron-rod-involving-fisticuffs. Huh?

Oh oh and mmmmmmmmmmm for the dark choc cake. Sigh.

Renovatio said...

@lostlittlegirl
I'm choosy-ly lazy.

@neets
I'm fine. Perfectly peachy. Stop worrying now. Take care of yourself first, then I'll let you take care of me.

@antanya
I could swear all the healing's happening purely because of the chocolate.

@anonymous
Thanks for that, quite the boost to my mood I needed. I'm fine, you don't need to worry about me. I'm taking care of myself just fine.

@revealed
Yes yes, I will, I will. I take it the cake is one of the things you'll be wanting added to the menu?

Anonymous said...

@wiseling - hahaha you're addind the 'ness' to things too!!
yaaay-ness!

twip said...

Yikes.

And dark chocolate cake? You can do better than that. Think Tiramisu Mr.Saxyhawtness, come on now!

But I should go easy on you, you've been hit by an iron rod and all (tsk!).

Finally on a serious note, please take care of yourself FFS! Gah!

CrazyDiamond said...

a fight, an iron rod shot and chocolate cake...interesting life you lead

Spider42 said...

woa-ho man!
why in gods name were you bashed with an iron rod? was it pure malice or something untoward on your behalf?
i have a friend who had major back issues through school and even wore a back brace quite a bit to alleviate the strain and pain and did physio so you have my sympathies having seen someone go through it..
hmmm.. i have to say though that youre the first among my friends who would think of actually getting up and cookin any form of food on their own in a hurry..
feel better man.
cheers...

??! said...

TR keeps going on about line maara, line maara, lekin yahaan toh sacchi mein kisi ne maara. And pipes? What next, hockey sticks? Is this a Sunny Deol film?

Renovatio said...

@doppleganger
First, the other blog, now here too. Hmph. No no, go on, do it.

@her prod-iness
I would've but the tiramisu I make involves marie biscuits, and there were none at hand. Plus when the craving's for chocolate cake, you don't answer it with soft coffee goodness. :p

@crazydiamond
The former two weren't planned. The cake was a right, not a privilege.

@dude
I have no clue who the bugger was, skimmed over his name. He was at the thana the other day when we signed the FIR. Rich Daddy tried to bail him out, but apparently, this isn't the first time.

@the expletives
I get the feeling people like that bugger carry such stuff in their car, as they tend to get into fights rather often.