Monday, July 16

Wasted mornings and a lost happy trail

So I sit here, waiting for tech support on my computer at work, as outlined on the other blog I write on even more rarely than this one, the whiney one. It's one of the blogs on the right side what has the word 'whine' in it.
Flipping through messages I had read out to me from my best buddy staying over at home containing death threats from my sister's boyfriend for not waiting for her to take an additional two hours to get ready to drop me to work, and then pushing off with the car as I didn't want to get late, I remember exactly why I so pointedly left my phone at home, but more than that, I think of happier things, like the source of all that is happy, my happy trail.
Now not everyone is familiar with the happy trail, it's basically the line of hair that goes from just above the belly button to a bit below the waist. It spans the region that is also known as the 'paunch' for people that have one. Personally, I have accidental pseudo abs as a result of the physio I'd had to do post my back injury. Now pseudo abs aren't real abs, just a bit of the ab-by outline that shows up to mark the beginning of abs. As I'll be joining a gym soon, I'll fill them out soon enough. But I don't have a paunch, so my happy trail area gives me plenty of happiness.
This morning, while shaving, I wound up clogging my razor. It's a nice green Gillette thing that vibrates. After clearing it out, I thought that perhaps it had dulled enough to warrant a change. To confirm, I gave it an experimental swish down my bellybutton. Needless to say, my happy trail is now bald.
This leaves me with one thing to say. Of course there are other factors, other reasons, but the one I've chosen to speak about, is the lack of a happy trail.

I am not happy.

6 comments:

Anki said...

body hair grows at the speed of 1 mm per 3 n a half days... so in 23 and a quarter days u ll b happy again!!!

Anonymous said...

Some writers do the whole cynical thing just because they're bitter. I love the way you manage to make the cynical so damn ludicrous. Cheers!

wiseling said...

so.. i don't have a happy trail. does that mean i lack the capacity for happiness? could this explain my constant morbidity?

Renovatio said...

@anki
It is almost back! Yay!

@yet another
I just don't know what to say to you. Thanks I guess.

@wiseling
You know what, it could be. Maybe you should get some of the hair around your tummy plucked so that you get an explosion of growth. You know how when women trying to avoid getting a moustache pluck it, they end up with something rather pronounced?

jugni said...

i dont have a happy trail either. thats not good. but i've been happy at times. so i'm guessing the possibility of being happy without the happy trail is a real one! :)
maybe you should explore that too.

Anonymous said...

Sweety i mis u... whyve u stopped calin me... ill b back b4 u no it, promise...
luv u! :D