Monday, March 12

Guys' nights out...

This is the first time I'll be sleeping in my bed in three days, but the second night out, the one that almost was, just wasn't quite, that's what we'll talk about...

So the plan was to crash at the german butter chicken buddy's, after spending a little time at hookah sans women... Not meant to be. I went down to priya after my driving class, with the guys sitting in the back, bitching every time I let go of the clutch too fast. Got to hookah, met a lady friend of his there, and we got sick of the fumes and left for coffee, and walked around priya for the rest of the night, post coffee of course... Now somehow, this wasn't bad, even though it broke the rules of guys' night out... oh and he was with his girlfriend anyway, so technically, we hadn't quite started...
At some obscure point, we finally got to his place, post a disappointing call to dominos where they refused to deliver after 11, so it was time to take matters into our own hands...
Raiding the fridge and storage, we found a leek soup, which we heated up, and stole huge chunks off a loaf of multi-grain bread his dad had whipped together at some point during the day. After leaving the coffee to brew, we then proceeded to make an omelette. Now cooking is a great way to get your mind off things. This seven egg omelette was accompanied by onions, strips of cheese, and cold slices of ham tossed into the mess after it had started bubbling. Unfortunately, I was fated to not make one of my prize omelettes, considering the skillet we found was made of iron and weighed a few tons, so we ended up with scrambled omelette-thing... This of course wasn't enough, so we purloined some chips, cookies, granola bars, coke, and the rest of the cold ham, and found our way to his room.
Dipping the bread in the soup, we found the soup excessively salty, so we poured liberal amounts of water, only to find the soup absolutely bland by this point, so we abandoned it, and got down to the omelette-thing. Once these primary sources of nourishment were put aside, my buddy fired up his laptop and played a round of tiberian sun from the cd I'd brought along, giving me a good ten minutes to spend with myself. This time was well utilized in goatee twirling. Due to some gloaty goading on the part of Dude and Hobo, I pulled out Serenity and gave it a watch. Rather good movie I'd say, probably made better by the Burnout revenge we punctuated it with. Nothing straightens a well twirled goatee like a session of on-road/off-road car-ramming. We then watched the Last Samurai, and midway through, around 6:30, went out to his lawn to catch the sunrise. I had a huge sense of great day ahead and new day et cetera on my mind, so this sun rise wasn't to be missed. Took some great pictures, and proceeded to finish the movie, chasing it with a good session of making rappers beat each other to a bloody pulp on some game whose name I failed to catch. Granted my rapper got beaten to a bloody pulp more often, considering I was incapable of doing the thing that's supposed to hit harder, but, bleah.
At coffee with his folks, we discovered that it was in fact the bread which was salty. We then proceeded to escape to priya for some counter strike and butter chicken at krips. Due to a phone call, I was rather ape-shit during the counter strike, though I was nice enough to let my buddy get a few kills in a row until I gave him 8 headshots in quick succession. Such was my ape-shit-ness, I was still able to toy with my poor german buddy wholly lacking in reflexes.
We then proceeded to said lady friend's place, and tried to emulate professional couch jumper Tom Cruise and Katsumoto with some bamboo sticks, though splinters prevented us from taking this course of action.
The rest of the day wasn't much, just driving class, a concert and saaaalsaaaaa...

Note to self: Next time those assholes come along for driving class, if they make too much noise, ram the car backwards. Or hit the brake, hard. Bitches.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey R:
Ah Delhi and the good old Priya market... how much of my aimless youth was spent rambling and wandering that place... I literally saw it become the 'thing' it is today...
Im glad you finally watched serenity, but i cant believe that you got so kicked about it on my blog and here i see one measly line..i mean cmon, you put more about the last samurai! and here i thought your comment meant youd gone all out describing the movie... tch,tch...
oh, btw, great choice of games, tiberian sun rules and the game you couldnt recall was "def jam" which is mortal kombat for street thugs.
The Dude

hedonistic hobo said...

wheeeeeeeeee
i'll be home on sunday. wheeeeeee

of course within 3 days i'll be cribbing about how there's no place to hang around in delhi. there really isn't. i don't like shopping and shopping there's a bitch anyway. what does one do!?!?

weed is cheap and at shady joints like MB's booze is cheaper. so imma not gonna get healthier am i. straight from yoga and pilates i go for butter chicken and kingfisher. :) the good times.........

the last samurai? no no no no NO. :)

Spider42 said...

See?! now look what you did!

Eileen Dover said...

Are you still alive?

Renovatio said...

@not-so-anonymous-dude
Guilty as charged... it was a good movie, really, I liked it, a lot, very much so...

@hobo
People actually prefer the c block market in vasant vihar... I think the dedicated booze store in basant lok closed down... but you've got opus and whatnot... and we're still supposed to have that butter chicken...

@eileen
Yeah, just decided to take some time off the computer... I am back to torture you all with more of my incessant natter... wheee?

Anonymous said...

man, u're an inspiration to us all
i wish i cud write like u, but it seems we're not all equally blessed
guys nights out rock, and while urs seem a little on the 'bonding' side, i'd love to chill with u some day
keep writing!
-leo